OT: Fires don't cause steel-reinforced structures to collapse

How do you know the fire wasn't cover for the explosives planted by the government? Apparently it's what they do, and they're good at it too. ('bout the only thing they are good at?)

Reply to
Mark Storkamp

Most reports blame burning PVC pipe, probably part of the built-in drainage system, but one photo taken just as the police arrive, before the fire is really going, show dozens of identical large barrels, most stacked two high, in a fenced-in-area under the bridge, and one barrel has a massive jet of flames shooting out its top.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Steel buckles and fails in a fire, which is why buildings have sprayed-on insulation on their steel beams.

lunatic fringe electronics

I prefer the "robot planes" theory.

Also explosives. Both robot planes, and explosives.

Reply to
bitrex

What would they be storing in lots of barrels under a highway overpass?

Must not have thought it to be particularly hazardous. De-icing fluid maybe? Atlanta had some icy weather in January, they were predicting a big storm but it didn't happen.

Propylene glycol will produce flammable vapor if heated...

Reply to
bitrex

Oh, wait, don't you see that little UFO leaving the site just before the collapse?

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

All you need to worry about is that blob of plastique already implanted up your arse with a WiFi detonator ;-) ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

Of course, that's how they do it. Haven't you heard about area 51?

Reply to
Mark Storkamp

WTC?

Reply to
Don Y

Oh, you noticed that, TOO?

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Jim, you're behind the times, its blue tooth now!

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Yeah, they caught the three CIA agents today.

Reply to
krw

No, I-85.

Reply to
krw

I heard it was fiber optic cable that's been stored under there since

2012.
Reply to
krw

Only if you don't mind being "close" when it goes boom... :-)

Reply to
Bill Martin

7.
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Those were not barrels, they were spools of surplus fiber optic cabling/conduit.

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Around here they use looks-like-barrels (aka Schneider eggs) for temporary lane closures, and such.

The also use very large barrels full of sand as crash buffers protecting bridge underpinnings and such.

And in some places they put out temporary barrels full of sand for first-aid at ice-ups in the winter.

And the pipe is HCPE, not PVC.

--
quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
-- Juvenal

Fiber optic cable that is intended to be buried is filled with grease. That explains pretty well the sprinkles of fire.

--

-TV
Reply to