OT: Coronavirus vs. Serial Killers

I was thinking of how hard it is to actually measure how effectively people are taking precautions against the coronavirus and it occurred to me to co nsider that other effects the measures might have. Serial killers!

Ted Bundy would engage his victims in conversation and get them to willingl y go with him to be killed. Many other serial killers work the same way. With the social distancing measures in place I bet it's hard for a serial k iller to get close to a victim.

So to tell how effectively various regions are doing with virus precautions as compared to the virus itself just "going away" or "being done" with a r egion, the serial killer rates can be compared.

So where do they keep records of serial killers over the last couple of yea rs?

--
  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ricketty C

le are taking precautions against the coronavirus and it occurred to me to consider that other effects the measures might have. Serial killers!

gly go with him to be killed. Many other serial killers work the same way. With the social distancing measures in place I bet it's hard for a serial killer to get close to a victim.

It's not hard to kill people if one is so motivated, the hard bit is gettin g away with it. As for taking people suitable places, that bit's fairly eas y. Humans are very vulnerable to serial killers, good job there are so few of them.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

ople are taking precautions against the coronavirus and it occurred to me t o consider that other effects the measures might have. Serial killers!

ingly go with him to be killed. Many other serial killers work the same wa y. With the social distancing measures in place I bet it's hard for a seri al killer to get close to a victim.

ing away with it. As for taking people suitable places, that bit's fairly e asy. Humans are very vulnerable to serial killers, good job there are so fe w of them.

I'm pretty sure if a serial killer was killing 1,000 people a day we would be pretty focused on ending it. We would literally be shutting down anythi ng connected with the murders, imposing strict curfews and arresting ANYONE violating the restrictions.

But with it being a disease... no problem, it's mostly killing the weak and old, it will pass in the spring... I mean winter... I mean, it's just not a big problem.

I wonder if Mothers Against Drunk Drivers is against deaths by coronavirus. MADD moved heaven and earth to save maybe 1,000 lives a year. Many polit icians came out in strong, vocal support. Laws were passed with no questio n. Now we have 160 times that many deaths in just half a year and we can't do a single dammed thing to deal with it in an effective manner. As the o fficial laughing stock of the world even before the virus, what do people a round the world think of this former superpower?

I'm still in awe of the Chinese building a 1,000 bed hospital in Wuhan in 1

0 days. Those people will take over the world. All of us will be dead by then and some of us by coronavirus.

Maybe the virus really was a deliberate act by China knowing full well they would be one of the few nations capable of dealing with it.

--
  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ricketty C

people are taking precautions against the coronavirus and it occurred to me to consider that other effects the measures might have. Serial killers!

llingly go with him to be killed. Many other serial killers work the same way. With the social distancing measures in place I bet it's hard for a se rial killer to get close to a victim.

tting away with it. As for taking people suitable places, that bit's fairly easy. Humans are very vulnerable to serial killers, good job there are so few of them.

d be pretty focused on ending it. We would literally be shutting down anyt hing connected with the murders, imposing strict curfews and arresting ANYO NE violating the restrictions.

With Covid we (UK) have shut down the country. It's still in partial shutdo wn. Now shutting down limited areas is what Boris is doing.

nd old, it will pass in the spring... I mean winter... I mean, it's just no t a big problem.

Most people agree it's a huge problem.

s. MADD moved heaven and earth to save maybe 1,000 lives a year. Many pol iticians came out in strong, vocal support. Laws were passed with no quest ion. Now we have 160 times that many deaths in just half a year and we can 't do a single dammed thing to deal with it in an effective manner.

You mean other than partial lockdown, social distancing, masks & vaccine re search? What would you suggest?

I'd suggest more research on potential antivirals. Garlic's one of many can didates, it was tested on another coronavirus in 2016 with good results. So me are being tested but too many aren't.

o people around the world think of this former superpower?

10 days. Those people will take over the world.

Very true if China had had the sense to behave in such a way that its inter national trade continued. Instead it shot itself in the foot, kneecap, head & groin.

ey would be one of the few nations capable of dealing with it.

Having seen the fridge at Wuhan the virus was kept in I think crass incompe tence more likely.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

I think most people would agree there are some men you have to put down on principle, there's no politics to it other than if a death sentence is any more or less moral than life in a cage.

Reply to
bitrex