OT: Cooktop Knob Spring

Any idea where to get the spring insert for a Kitchenaid Cooktop Knob...

like the D-shaped cylindrical spring in the right-hand knob.

Wife likely washed it down the drain :-(

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

I'd probably just use JB Weld putty--"the poor man's machine shop".

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
pcdhobbs

Check the trap? Or fish it with a magnet, it's steel.

Reply to
tom

Already done... not there. It's quite light, I expect it just "flowed" :-( ...Jim Thompson

HD has knobs for appliances in the Appliance section, might make a good donor.

Martin Riddle

Antique Radio guys will have that spring - Cross-Posted...

You need to provide the dimensions of the spring though it looks like around a 3/8" or 1/4" "D" shaft. I had those in my knob junk box but my staff have hidden that box for the moment...

John

Reply to
John Robertson

You MIGHT get lucky at a really GOOD hardware store, they used to have replacement knobs for stoves. Otherwise, Marcone sells repair parts for household appliances, and they should have knobs for darn near anything. You will likely need to buy the whole knob, but they should not be real expensive. There should be a Marcone outlet in most major cities, and they are happy to sell to just anyone, you don't have to be a contractor.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Semi-false alarm... sitting across from the kitchen, in the great room, I could see one knob higher than the others.

What happened is spring stayed attached to shaft rather than knob. When my wife went to replace knobs after cleaning she pushed a knob with spring onto the shaft with the "missing" spring.

I had a helluva time pulling the spring back up high enough to engage the proper knob :-(

New instructions, "Let Jimby do it" ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Am 07.01.2017 um 23:43 schrieb Jim Thompson:

Hooray,

i found it under d-type knob clip in case it gets lost again.

cheers Gunther

Reply to
Gunther Mannigel

Thanks! Successful searching always depends on choosing the right phrase. ...Jim Thompson