OT: Chaostan

Turn off the Colorado River.

Lake Mead could do with topping off ;-)

--
"Design is the reverse of analysis"
                   (R.D. Middlebrook)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Most non-Westerners don't understand who owns the water rights to the Colorado. ...Jim Thompson

[snip]

Did you see John Stossel's report on Detroit? Kennedy's piece was interesting. What a leap from her MTV days.

--
Chisolm
Republic of Texas

I missed that :-(

Detroit is the scariest place I ever had to drive thru... even back in the '60's. ...Jim Thompson

Try Newark or Camden.

Reply to
krw

Yep. I stayed at a hotel on the Newark airport property one time... armed guards everywhere. ...Jim Thompson

So what happened in those places - excessive Uncle Sam financial "incentives"?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Democrat infestation.

Reply to
tm

Houses being consumed by nature. One street that looked like people decided it would be the new garbage dump, piles and piles of garbage (including a dead body). She used the term "urban survivalists". Small groups in neighborhoods banding together. Raising chickens, bees, other food.

Here's a link to the video:

detroit/

watch the wrap

--
Chisolm
Republic of Texas

Just keeping the riff-raff out. You know, people like Slowman >:-] ...Jim Thompson

Holder will probably rush into Detroit and stop those "urban survivalists"...

Holder will probably attack the Mormons next :-( ...Jim Thompson

Yet across the street from Detroit, things look considerably better. The surrounding area is booming while Detroit dies. I wonder why that is?

Reply to
krw

Pamela and I were discussing that. I have already seen places that put in touch screens for the customers to order your food. Give it the typical card slot, go no-cash and the ordering side of things is there. Heck, make it voice response so it can actually say "Do you want fries with that" and it is done. A couple of Baxter robots to cook the food, and you are done!

Reply to
Charlie E.

And no spitting in the food >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Certainly more sanitary.

We had a case here (in Tempe) where a burger drive-up-window server spit in a cop's burger. It was caught on the security cameras, and the cop (actually the son of a marketing guy I knew at MicroRel) had to go thru all kinds of TB and HIV testing; and many preventative shots :-( ...Jim Thompson

OOPS! The robot ejected oil on the food..

Reply to
Robert Baer