OT: A Happy story, apropos nothing...

Reading the morning news, this kind of jumped out at me:

It made me emote. Apparently, there _are_ decent kids left in the world. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

There are more than people might think, especially in America. The son of a couple from church went to some poor country in South America. Not a short term mission trip, but for many months. Building stuff, helping people, living among them. AFAIR he said the fanciest meals out there consisted of fried chicken feet.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I can't help but wonder what happened to the rest of the chicken, given that the feet usually start out attached to it and all... :-)

It's good to hear these examples of people working so charitably these days.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Most people are decent, independent of age. The world hasn't changed, people are still the same.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Charity is alive and well it just does not make the news. Here in our small town there are 2 food banks. One church works a deal with a dentist and a eye doctor to provide free dental and eye care. A group my wife is active in sews blankets for premature babies and for soldiers. I think most of the churches run day care centers.

True charity just does not make as much news as some bureaucrat pounding his or her chest claiming what a great job they are [not] doing.

--
Joe Chisolm
Marble Falls, Tx.

Ain't that the truth! The best food bank here is the St. Mary's Food Bank Alliance, run by the Catholics... my primary charity. ...Jim Thompson

There is the usual digital divide in those countries: 1-2% super rich (or in leftist countries those who are more equal than the others), then

98% dirt-poor, and no real middle class. All the fine meats go to the upscale folks, the poor can only buy what's left and sometimes only once a week or so.

In bible-based churches that is because the bible says that this is exactly the modus operandi. Serve quietly and do not boast about it.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

_You_ probably eat them for dinner. Think about _that_ the next time you sit down for KFC!

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

Nah, KFC gets the rest of the chicken. The South Americans got first dibs on those chickens and they took the feet for a reason.

Reply to
krw