OT: 1 billion$ for a [space] suit!

1 billion$ for a [space] suit!
Something is wrong, no engineers but idiots, job creation and bean counters, pollyticsians, and going nowhere...

How fast was the space suit for the moon landers designed and build, and it worked!

Is our electronics future also like this? Like CERN?? Last hope Elon Musk?

And I have read no more high school exams to help the less capable.

Extrapolating.... Maybe nuculear war will clear the weeds,,,

China invented the gunpowder anyways...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

NASA is brilliant at their primary mission, to spend money.

Reply to
jlarkin

They should just tweak the original 1950s Belgian space suit design.

Just as Elon Musk copied the rockets landing on their tails.

Spehro Pefhany

On a sunny day (Wed, 11 Aug 2021 12:21:11 -0400) it happened Spehro Pefhany snipped-for-privacy@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat wrote in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Kuifje, I have read most of those strips!

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Spehro Pefhany snipped-for-privacy@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I like Major Matt Mason's suit, man. They should build a low pressure habitat on the moon. In the shadow side of a steep crater wall at the edge of the dark side terminator. I wonder what 6 psi would feel like.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Where are they printed?

Reply to
Robert Baer

As a kid I had these books in hard cover:

Spehro Pefhany

On a sunny day (Wed, 11 Aug 2021 20:54:55 -0700) it happened Robert Baer snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com wrote in <169a72db322fbb7f$1$1356503$ snipped-for-privacy@news.thecubenet.com>:

Kuifje (in Dutch Belgian) also known as 'Tintin' in Englsh:

Bit of googling for "kuifje comic"
finds:
etc etc

An old original printed version may be worth a lot of money I'd think.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje