Orcad bus names using leading 0's

I am accustomed to using two digits in my bus numbering so that signal names sort correctly. That means I would name a bus BUS[15:00] instead of BUS[15:0] so that the lower signals would be BUS00, BUS01... I am getting errors in Orcad about wires with only one connection. Is this the reason? I don't see anything in the help that says I can or can't do this.

Reply to
rickman

Re-title your question with "Charlie Edmondson" in the Subject Line.

He's the OrCAD support person lurking here.

...Jim Thompson

SSHHHHH....! I hate silly capture questions like this one. If you use single digits, does it work? Did you use o (oh) instead of 0 (zero?)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

Orcad Capture can be infuriatingly inconsistent sometimes. Begrudgingly I am forced to use it. Example: You cannot place a text on a schematic that has leading or trailing "whitespaces" (spacebar char) Ok, so let them be picky. So there I am loading the netlist when it halts with a message: U1 pin A1 cannot be found. So there I am staring at the 256 BGA that I made with my trusty PCB386 pad array editor and pin A1 is there. I look at the U1in the schematic and pin A1 is there. I look really close and it is not really A1. It is A1. Do you see the difference? Neither could I until it dawned on me that some moron at Altera made the library part with bunch of pin numbers that had a leading space and Capture design by committee peace of crap didn't care. Someone ought to pay and it will not be me by sending them another extortion payment for their "yearly maintenance" or whatever they call it these days.

--

    Boris Mohar
Reply to