Opto Mosfet (SSR) equivalent circuit

Two for a start, and maybe 2 more. I went online to digikey, found the part I wanted for about 4$ per piece which is a reasonnable price. But then I went to the shipping and handling costs: 11$ shipping, 6$ handling (or something similar). Heck, 25$ for two chips, it's a bit too much. I'll keep nagging the official distributors in France, maybe one will be so annoyed that it will send me two chips ;-)

Reply to
OBones

I have to pass an order at digikey too. We could share costs. Write me in private.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

A relay is better at the side issues of overvoltage and overcurrent. For reduced power use a bistable maglatch relay, which only needs to be pulsed to switch over. For best low level signal handling choose a sealed relay with au-au contacts. eg, Omron G6AK-234 series.

--
Tony Williams.
Reply to

Thanks for that.