opto isolated rs232 in a single chip

bidirectional?

Maxim made the MAX250/MAX251 which did this.

I believe there might be availability problems on these.

Good luck Chris

Reply to
Chris

Hi there!

Is there something like MAX232 with built-in optocouplers out there?

Possibly with a solution for separate power supply to make it bidirectional?

--
Siol
Rather than a heartless beep

Newport used to do a module, quite expensive IIRC.

Reply to
Paul Burke

If its from Maxim... must be hard to get.

I guess there's no proper way to do this without a transformer or a battery :(

--
Siol
Rather than a heartless beep
Or a rude error message,
See these simple words: "File not found."
Reply to
SioL

A few more details would help.

Max baud rate, distance of cable, would help.

Cost is not a c> Hi there!

Reply to
hamilton