one supply = two supplies

Sure I had a response, but as the day goes on you seem to be mellowing.

The comment about Wild turkey was first told to me in Virginia some 25 years ago. I admit many might not consider Virginians to speak English, of course.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Wild Turkey is a brand of Bourbon ;-)

...Jim Thompson

It may also be a brand of something you smoke, but then, thats been a while ago now...

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

Well, I knew that (after perhaps 10 minutes in Virginia ;)

The entire thing was

"I'm giving up smoking Wild Turkey" "Don't you mean cold turkey?" "You do it your way, I'll do it mine"

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Thats about how I gave up smoking tobacco in my twenties. I just would smoke "the other stuff" when I got the urge. You just don't puff on 2

1/2 packs a day of that stuff!!!

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

I knew you were a pot head- explains your alogia...

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

What were you ever doing in Virginia? Visiting relatives in the asylum?

Stupid statement- Virginia has several dozen regional dialects within its boundaries- absolutely no such thing as Virginia English. They still speak perfect Elizabethan English in a few parts of the so-called Tidewater area -those would be mostly people called "watermen"- because they are fishermen by tradition. Then there is the Piedmont region, or foothills to the Blue Ridge, and several distinct dialects. And things get real country-like down near "that there" North Carolina border in tobacco country.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Hab SoSlI' Quch!

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

Sorry, but that would be me.

--DF

Reply to
Deefoo

One nit to pick, whatever "Wild turkey" brand liquor is, is no longer bourbon after all the added sugar and other flavorings. I wonder what kind of wood and what kind of apparatus was used to smoke it (i have never had to figure out how to smoke a liquid before, just meat, fowl and fish.

--
JosephKK
--Schiller

Don't say that anywhere near Kentucky, or you'll get your ass kicked "every which way but Sunday".

...Jim Thompson

When I was at my brother's house for my Dad's memorial, my other brother called the boys out to the garage to drink a toast to Dad. I remarked, "Damn! That's good Scotch!" (Dad used to drink Scotch). Bill said, "Well, it better be - it's Bourbon! ;-)"

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise