Obsolete emulator / parts killing business buy old pds900

I've developed a nice business over the past 15 years lately using the

89lpc92x family of parts. The DIP (20) package is important so that upgrades may be made in the field. Yearly volume is 3-5K parts. Yes, boards are assembled by hand using through hole parts. I support 5 part timers and still use 51 assembler. About 15 active designs.

I just blew the bondout R1.0 in my 2nd PDS900 and now have 1 left.

The reality of my dependance on the on the PDS900 is hitting home.

Does anyone have the hex for the bondout? Or an old PDS900

If I must switch suppliers, any comments of mpu's in DIP and emulator support for those products. I see stuff from Silicon Labs and Infineon but no DIP parts.

Many thanks

john11w

Make a plug-in board. There's plenty of board-board interconnect solutions; just make a board with a processor, and away you go.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

It's a *bondout* processor. *Not* a (normal) COTS product. Having the *particular* (special) processor is the issue, here.

(No idea how the OP has "blown" it...?)

Reply to
Don Y

"If I must switch suppliers, yadda yadda".

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com