O Tempora O Mores - my digibox blew up again

My second digibox blew up. It was the replacement for the first one that blew up except this one is just out of the one year guarrantee.

I blame a new breed of scientist, probably a DSP type driving a 4 x 4.

The scientists who designed e.g. the "Toshiba Six Transistor Radio" that could run for a year on bird dropping are probably dead. The man who designed the RTC IC, also linear-partly, that could run for ten years on even less is probably retired and growing orchids or trimmming his Bonsai trees.

The standby power comsumed by both digi boxes *was* 8W as opposed to non-standy power consumption of 9W Eh?

The EU (a sarcastic use of the greek prefix meaning "well formed") decided to save the planet by limiting standby consumption to 1W.

I suggest that a 1W resistors be strapped to their genitalia and then have them dissipate 1W of power each.

Robin

Reply to
robin.pain

addendum:

to the last sentence ending "...of power each." This is sentence is added:

"For the rest of their natural lives: now considerably shortened."

Robin

Reply to
robin.pain