Nuts for BNC/F connector

I've been searching for a cheap supplier of nuts, its the type used in those cheap chassis-mountable BNC female connector or F connectors.

Surprisingly its not so easy to find them. Need about 1000 pieces.

I've got one supplier only and am looking for possibly cheaper alternatives.

SioL

Reply to
SioL

What search terms did you use? I started here:

My initial search quicky lead to

JeffM

The thin material of those nuts means they aren't generally used as fasteners for other purposes; and for BNC connectors, the nuts are sometimes important parts of the connection, come in exotic silver-plated variants. Cheapos are nickel plated brass.

3/8-24 nuts just a little thicker (jam nuts) are available from use-enco.com for a few dollars per hundred. Part number 325-3267.

I've seen steel nuts of that type in lamp assemblies, so maybe a l ampshade shop would be able to get you some thinner ones.

Reply to
whit3rd

3/8" * 32 thread are used on standard 1/4" shaft potentiometers. BTW, do you have a local cable tv company? Some throw away piles of these nuts removed from "F-81" bulkhead adapters when used for a simple splice. Their passives suppliers also sell cheap bags of replacement nuts.
prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

AMP sells them separately from the BNC connectors - available through Newark. (I was surprised recently when I ordered some AMP panel/pc mount BNCs and they came without nuts or washers - nuts and washers had to be ordered separately, but that wasn't apparent in the Newark catalog.)

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

I was checking my usual sources / component suppliers. Will look into it, at least I know what its called now and what size it is. Looking for EU-based supplier.

Thanks everyone.

SioL

Reply to
SioL

Google "Keystone" and "HH Smith". Both of them carry radio pattern nuts of this size and both of them have European sources.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

In message , dated Thu, 14 Sep

2006, SioL writes

You may find that a bit more difficult, because EU pot bushes are often now 10 mm, not 3/8 in.

-- OOO - Own Opinions Only. Try

and
There are benefits from being irrational - just ask the square root of 2. John Woodgate, J M Woodgate and Associates, Rayleigh, Essex UK

Reply to
John Woodgate