NPN Device Recommendation?

I need a discrete NPN, non-Darlington, capable of handling a few tens of microseconds at 10A repetitive at 1ms intervals, average dissipation will be around 150uW, surface mount.

Recommendations?

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Lotta base current. Why not use a mosfet?

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

10V Max Vce ...Jim Thompson
 Click to see the full signature

Am 11.02.2017 um 21:44 schrieb Jim Thompson:

FZT859TA & friends by Zetex, now Diodes,Inc.

I currently use them as a cascode behind an array of IF3601/2. Like.

regards, Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

Thanks, Gerhard! ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

EVERYBODY loves the 2N2222 foe everything, so...find a SMT version.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Was that FZT869 ? I'm a big fan of the Zetex low R_CE(sat) transistors. I also like the SOT-223 package, although I'm disappointed in their commonly-poor thermal resistance specs.

The FZT851 is a good pulsing NPN, rated at 20A.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

10A PEAK ?? ...Jim Thompson
 Click to see the full signature

Nahh.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Naaah! Dumping a small capacitor, starting from 4.2V ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

A little bitty 3-cent mosfet would discharge that cap just fine. If recharge linearity matters, a phemt would have much lower drain capacitance change vs voltage.

There are tricks for making and resetting fast linear ramps, but helping Jim doesn't seem to be a sensible activity.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Oh, yes! And I even opened the Altium Designer in a Windows virtual machine to be sure... Probably serious depletion of coffee.

I prefer SOT-89, for size, power and RF reasons.

The lead frame of the sot-223 is really thin because they have to bend it 4 times and the contact area to the board is not under the chip, but as far outside as possible.

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

Not unlikely. Can't say much. Customer. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Not to mention the < 0.42 ohm impedance, demanding a loop inductance under

0.3nH.

This isn't monolithic, Jim ;-)

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Williams

Isn't the whole world monolithic ?>:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Yes, right, much better. But not many dies one wants to use come in that package.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

And encrypted.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

It looks like Infineon are phasing out Sot-223. My BFG196 transistors are gone.

But there are some new ones in sot-89 for GHz medium power, including at least one that has the emitter on the middle tab, not the collector. Ideal for CE RF stages, no parasitics from cooling.

Just a moment,

<

Cheers, Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

MMBT2222?

Reply to
krw

If it were, geologists would sure have a lot less to study!

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC