Now there is a statement

Or those 200kg of Lithium batteries went up in smoke, and they're trying to avoid liability. It is very strange that they can't get their fact straight on how much was actually in that consignment.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Even with active spectroscopy you are limited to what is already in the baseline and seawater is extremely impure from this perspective.

Basically everything about georesonance is as convincing as polywater.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. All I can see here is typical smoke and mirrors self publicity with added snake oil.

You can find some geological features or diseases trees/crops this way but their claims are stretching credulity well past breaking point.

If you believe that you will believe anything.

State of the art ultratrace analysis these days will get down to something like fg/g for sufficiently rare in the environment species. Most species have noise floors much higher than this and briney seawater is an appallingly nasty matrix to analyse for trace elements.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Reply to
Martin Brown

One thing I don't get is why they would make such a claim, if they couldn't back it up. Their claim is sure to be tested, and there is a good chance they will end up wearing the claim on their face. This is bad advertising.

I didn't say I believed it. I too am trying to figure this out, and this is the data I gleaned from their website. The amount of hard data available isn't large.

And ad hominem arguments are unhelpful.

Airplanes are pretty big, and so there may be a detectable local bump. But it's hard to see that this bump would be that prominent if the airplane is 5,000 meters down.

They do seem to have disappeared from the news.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

I did find some more, mostly adverse information:

..

There are lots of pointers in that URL.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

On a sunny day (Sun, 11 May 2014 22:42:18 -0400) it happened Joe Gwinn wrote in :

In the mean time I have been reading up on NMRI, watching instruction videos, reading papers, and there seems to be some sort of cover-up, as they seem to be unable to connect obvious things... (Of course they can but those papers are 'missing'), that set me on a search for various submarine detection systems, and news about that that suddenly also 'stopped' many years ago ( I remember those things because it was about fascinating claims, but then it was (after million $ contracts with US etc were mentioned) suddenly declared 'it did not work at all' and not ONE word about it in the press anymore). However, Anyways I started here IIRC, nice instruction videos about low magnetic field (earth field) MRI:

This more for amateurs:

I could probably drop my seamonkey history file here, but it has many things not related to this subject.

Detecting magnetic anomaly from airplanes is an other thing (fly over the water and see metal objects deep down) squids, and related sensors, there is a lot, and a lot of university material that then, as I mentioned, failed to connect obvious pointers. I also went into Faraday rotation of polarized light, in MNSHO reflected light from the sea surface could have polarization changes if large disturbances in the earth magnetic field are present at that location. Is this right? Here the dots want to connect, etc etc. Those guys seem to find oil, and there are some projects mentioned on their site, many professors participate they say, those cannot all be clueless, on the contrary, so, still very curious, and I learned a lot, and some of these experiments can be done at home, one simply does not have the time to do everything in this life, but studying this is fun. I added a google map display to my SDcard logging GPS Geiger counter SDcard reader C program yesterday, so its easy to see where you were at a given time... in firefox.

see read_gmp_card-0.3.c near the bottom of the page. This shows (just a few lines of code) how powerful it is to combine existing technology, 'connect the points', and I am sure in the case of that company they did something similar. no new physics, just use existing effects, connect the dots,

Reply to
Jan Panteltje