noise canceling headphones

You can bet that when I do, I am not looking at the damned airline rags.

I spent $25 on magazines on my last flight to DC. Worth every penny. Watched a movie off my laptop hard drive too.

Reply to
Pueblo Dancer

Most commonly, batteries.

Trevor.

Reply to
Trevor

A battery. Same thing that lights up the little green LED that makes the cabin crew stop and tell me to shut off my headphones when we take off.

I think you left the stove on.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Hi,

Turn off the drive signal and listen periodically, like a sensorless BLDC motor maybe?

cheers, Jamie

Reply to
Jamie M

And could you explain to me how all the battery power gets to headphone sets that do not contain batteries, nor obtain such power from the base device? They shrilly claim to be noise canceling headphones as well.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

the

Think that through really carefully. What would be the user response to that?

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Hi,

Ok maybe a better idea is to do a continuous FFT of the actual headphone voltages and then compare this to the "desired" FFT from the digital audio signal (ie MP3) and then generate a correction signal to adjust the output voltage.

cheers, Jamie

Reply to
Jamie M

an amplifier with negative impedance gets you part way there.

--
?? 100% natural
Reply to