No impedance matching??

No impedance matching?? How to force photons to never bounce back:

Jan Panteltje

Now if we could just do the same with air molecules then Maxwell's Demon may come to 'life'...

John :-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

Microwave photons? Who in his right mind talks about photons in the context of microwaves?

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

On a sunny day (Thu, 14 Oct 2021 21:00:25 +0200) it happened Jeroen Belleman snipped-for-privacy@nospam.please wrote in <sk9uo9$bl9$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org>:

Apart from photons just being a mathematical construct it does go for all EM radiation. I tried reading the paper, not quite sure about what he does, circulator?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Lots of little ones in a grid, apparently.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

On a sunny day (Fri, 15 Oct 2021 09:32:23 +0200) it happened Jeroen Belleman snipped-for-privacy@nospam.please wrote in <skbaq7$1pl1$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org>:

Reading up on 'circulator'

leads to 'isolator' <quote>

Isolator When one port of a three-port circulator is terminated in a matched load, it can be used as an isolator, since a signal can travel in only one direction between the remaining ports.[11] An isolator is used to shield equipment on its input side from the effects of conditions on its output side; for example, to prevent a microwave source being detuned by a mismatched load. <end quote> So using the circulator as 'isolater' could work. And in the link

the figure on the right takes me right back to that paper. I have litte experience with those things but then it somehow makes sense. Maybe for the dedicated radio hams or somebody more RF orientated.. No longer have my old RSGB handbook... Pity actually.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Circulators are weird things. They are "non-reciprocal". They rely on some non-linear behaviour of ferrites, so that waves moving in opposite directions propagate with different velocities. There used to be some very big ones stored in a hall nearby. They used to sit between high-power RF generators and accelerating cavities in the LEP machine. I'll see if I can make some pictures.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

In the first place, photons do not bounce. Then again photons do not exist.

Reply to
Robert Baer