Negative Rail Generator IC - 100ma

Is it possible to derive a negative 12VDC rail from a positive 12VDC power source? I need it to supply 100ma current.

IOW to power an op amp with +/-12VDC rails.

Is there a single DIP package that will do this?

I have done a bit of looking on the web, but am unsure of the best solution.

Martin King

Reply to
mking

As in no external components? That would require a hybrid.

There are only two schemes: charge pump and switcher. At 100ma, I'd be using a switcher.

Reply to
miso

The best solution is a +/-12V power supply.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Murata has a line of 4-pin isolated DC-DC converters. The NKE1212 will only give 83 mA. The NML1212 is a bit more expensive, but will give you twice the current. You can get these from Digi-Key. I use some similar units from the same family. Note they are not current-limited or regulated. If you short the output, they fry.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

80ma -

CHeers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

--
http://cds.linear.com/docs/en/design-note/dn435f.pdf

JF
Reply to
John Fields
** YOU are one * LYING VILE PIG *

Get cancer and DIE a horrible death.

Reply to
Phil Allison

Oh yes. This is it. And not expensive either.

Martin King

Reply to
mking

These are nice too. But all surface mount. I am still trying to use up my tube sockets.

Martin King

Reply to
mking