Need help with a circuit

I have a circuit that requires a 10k pot to function correctly. The problem that the device that has to be used has a 5k pot and it can't be changed. How would I go about getting this circuit to work properly? I still need full range so basically I need a 2x multiplier on the 5k pot. Thanks in advance.

-Zinfari

Reply to
Zinfari

Depends on how the pot is used in your circuit.

If the pot is used as a voltage divider (all three terminals used), the 5K pot will probably work OK as is.

--
Peter Bennett VE7CEI
email: peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

No only 2 are used that's my issue. I need (roughly) 0k at start, 5k at 1/2 turn and 10k full so a simple resistor in series or parallel won't work either.

Anyone have any ideas?

-Zinfari

Reply to
Zinfari

--- You're a f****ng idiot.

Oh wait...

Hopefully you're _just_ an idiot. That way you won't be able to figure out how to procreate and we won't have to deal with the issues of your non-f****ng idiotic offspring.

You mention nothing about about what the input looks like and you mention nothing about what you want the output to look like, yet you whine about what you'd like us to do for you when you apparently have no idea about what you need.

But, this _is_ sci.electronics.basics., so I apologize for any aspersions I may have cast on you and I'll, instead, beg you to ask for what you want more clearly so that I might serve you in a fashion which will make you less uncomfortable...

-- John Fields

Reply to
John Fields

Depending on the circuit, you may not need any change at all. What is the circuit?

Reply to
Michael A. Covington

5k at 1/2

work

Please don't top post...

You can use an opamp and NPN transistor to emulate a 10k pot using a

5k pot.

Reply to
Robert C Monsen

"Zinfari" schreef in bericht news:4124c2d7$0$8085$ snipped-for-privacy@authen.newsreader.visi.com...

problem

A solution largely depends on the circuit and the function of that pot in it. A universal - and impractical and expensive - solution can be to use the

5k pot as a voltage divider, use the voltage to control a servo, which in turn controls a 10k pot. For a better solution we - at least I - need more information.

petrus bitbyter

petrus bitbyter