need guidance

i have a manual flash microcontroller programmer.i need to enter in the program codes in binary throgh dip switch.i wanted to add a hex keyboard so that i do not need to enter the binary equivalents of the opcodes.can any body suggest me on how to do this

Reply to
nitin

nitin

What aniquated programming device is this??? What chip are you programming?

Since you already have a working computer (in order to post here), get yourself a real programmer that connects to it.

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

I remember doing that back in 1971 on a PDP11 copy that our company designed and built to control CNC lathes......12 bit op codes, diode matrix microcode, 16K ferrite store,120 ttl chip ALU,etc etc. Had to enter a boot loader that read in a punched tape that had the application program on it.... sweet memories .)

Reply to
martin.shoebridge

Your school needs to seriously upgrade their equipment.

The easiest way to do this may be to program a microcontroller to read the hex keypad, and use open collector buffers at the 16 output bits to simulate the DIP switches. ;-)

Cheers Chris

Reply to
Chris