Need BIG high voltage PWM driver

still the "wimpy" output driver it takes some power to switch

and even if it is only transfers changes the level shift see the full 200V or what ever it is powered with

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Certainly. Many times.

's happened. Many times.

Reply to
krw

  • BAD ASS-u-ME-ption. Bias the FET on, and use transformer to turn it off for that short period of time.
Reply to
Robert Baer

Sure, one can rturn this into a big and large circuit. It would mean providing another "flying" isolated supply.

I am using bootstrap now. Much simpler.

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

fairly

need:

voltage

up

availability

it's

won't

for

of

secondary

desire

Don't conflate all the next higher level properties into the gate driver. Keep It Simple Simon. Fully segregate the gate driver and do the rest in some other IC.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Providing an UVLO on the bootstrap side in some other IC would be a major chore. If there is no UVLO then one fine day ... phut ... *KABLAM*

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

"An UVLO"

Is that pronounced the same way as...that thingy in the back of your throat? ;-)

On topic, almost all drivers have UVLO, though rarely just the voltage you want (4.5V or 9V are popular).

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs
Electrical Engineering Consultation

fairly

need:

voltage

up

availability

it's

won't

gates for

it's

the

with

of

secondary

desire

driver.

in

HunH? We are not talking about the same things then.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

No idea, I don't take any pills so I don't know brands too well :-)

Yeah, that's one thing IC designers or their decision makers seem to never understand. With HV FETs you generally need 10.0V or more, and not one iota less. Otherwise you could be in operation outside guaranteed datasheet limits. So usually I bypass the internal LDO and the IC supply UVLO and roll my own.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Well, if everything and the kitchen sink is to be sacrificed for the sake of keeping it simple then I don't need any IC at all, might as well do it in discretes. Things like UVLO and dead-time control are important in a big PWM driver.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Have you looked at the LT3752-1? It's only 500kHz, but it will do 200V and drive 3.3nF with less than 20ns.

Reply to
wanderer