National webench fubar?

0-50mph about, oh, a minute or two. 0-60mph maybe a day (with tailwind) but it usually could not get there. Thing is, it got me everywhere I wanted to go.
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I know. When I was young (and poor) I had a '61 Dauphine... remember ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

Gourmet Puzzles:

        What part of the fish are the "sticks"?

        Likewise where are the chicken "fingers" located?

Them's were luxury cars.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

$1345 _brand_new_ !

...Jim Thompson

Gourmet Puzzles:

        What part of the fish are the "sticks"?

        Likewise where are the chicken "fingers" located?

As I said, pure luxury.

My Citroen: Basket case, someone had tried to repair the engine and couldn't get it going anymore. Cost me a nice bouquet of flowers for the owner and a nice bottle on Cognac for her boyfriend who had attempted the repair. My father towed the car home with his Chrysler, with me in there. _Then_ I discovered tons of bees coming out the vent, there was a nest under the hood. The vent rod was stuck in the open position. Of course the horn didn't work either so I had to tough that out for about

10 miles, my father blissfully unaware of my agony back there.

Took parts of the engine apart, fixed it ... vrooom ... yeehaw! It was good to me for about six years until the mandatory TUEV roadworthiness check parted us. Too much rust :-(

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

  • An extra for an engine...
Michael A. Terrell

It actually held up quite well because...

Sleeved aluminum block, so I put distilled water in it.

Came without oil filtration. From the shop manual I deduced that Caravelle engine parts were the same. So I added the boss to fit an oil filter.

Sold it in 1968 to a friend who drove it several more years before chipping a tranny gear tooth. He rebuilt the tranny and drove it so long I lost track ;-)

Cute little car, bought in Boston while I was a student. Gray exterior, red leatherette interior. No A/C :-(