mystery rackmount kit

I'm trying to guess what these may be:

I'd initially thought they might be disk shelves owing to the height (about

4U?) and "bland" front panels. But, they are way too deep for that. Anyone recognize the distinctive red "badge" on the front?

I'm guessing these are more of the same, viewed from the side:

Note the apparent parting in the top cover.

I'll have to see if there are enough other curiosities to merit a drive over, tomorrow...

Reply to
Don Y

Off-topic troll...

Reply to
Judge Dredd

See also these John Doe troll nym-shift names:

John Doe snipped-for-privacy@message.header John snipped-for-privacy@post.header Judge Dredd snipped-for-privacy@post.header "Edward's Mother" snipped-for-privacy@post.header "Edward's Father" snipped-for-privacy@post.header

John Doe troll claiming it has never nym-shifted on Usenet:

In message-id <t6nt3e$7bp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me
posted Thu, 26 May 2022

12:50:54 -0000 (UTC) John Doe stated:

Yet, since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Doe's post ratio to USENET (**) has been 71.3% of its posts contributing "nothing except insults" to USENET.

** Since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Doe has posted at least 2980 articles to USENET. Of which 176 have been pure insults and 1950 have been John Doe "troll format" postings.

The John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sdhn7c$pkp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And the John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sg3kr7$qt5$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And yet, the clueless John Doe troll has itself posted yet another incorrectly formatted USENET posting on Sun, 10 Jul 2022 22:46:28 GMT in message-id <8FIyK.429581$ snipped-for-privacy@usenetxs.com.

yco0kz9fyckR

Reply to
Edward Hernandez

See also these John Doe troll nym-shift names:

John Doe snipped-for-privacy@message.header John snipped-for-privacy@post.header Judge Dredd snipped-for-privacy@post.header "Edward's Mother" snipped-for-privacy@post.header "Edward's Father" snipped-for-privacy@post.header

John Doe troll claiming it has never nym-shifted on Usenet:

John Dope stated the following in message-id <svsh05$lbh$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me
posted Fri, 4 Mar 2022

08:01:09 -0000 (UTC):

Yet, since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Dope's post ratio to USENET (**) has been 71.3% of its posts contributing "nothing except insults" to USENET.

** Since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Dope has posted at least 2980 articles to USENET. Of which 176 have been pure insults and 1950 have been John Dope "troll format" postings.

The John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sdhn7c$pkp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And the John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sg3kr7$qt5$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And yet, the clueless John Doe troll has continued to post incorrectly formatted USENET articles that are devoid of content (latest example on Sun, 10 Jul 2022 22:46:29 GMT in message-id <9FIyK.417263$ snipped-for-privacy@usenetxs.com).

NOBODY likes the John Doe troll's contentless spam.

This posting is a public service announcement for any google groups readers who happen by to point out that John Dope does not even follow the rules it uses to troll other posters.

nuyGTatLsz1x

Reply to
Edward Hernandez

Edward Hernandez, the Astraweb nym-shifting forger is trolling off-topic and other posts with someone else's ID, then replies to its post, strangely, as if it were replying to someone else.

See also... Edward H. <dtgamer99 gmail.com>

Edward Hernandez <dtgamer99 gmail.com>

Peter Weiner <dtgamer99 gmail.com>

John Doe <always.look message.header> (Astraweb, Aioe.org) Judge Dredd snipped-for-privacy@post.header (Astraweb) John snipped-for-privacy@post.header (Astraweb)

Reply to
Edward's Mother

See also these John Doe troll nym-shift names:

John Doe snipped-for-privacy@message.header John snipped-for-privacy@post.header Judge Dredd snipped-for-privacy@post.header "Edward's Mother" snipped-for-privacy@post.header "Edward's Father" snipped-for-privacy@post.header

John Doe troll claiming it has never nym-shifted on Usenet:

In message-id <t6nt3e$7bp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me
posted Thu, 26 May 2022

12:50:54 -0000 (UTC) Troll Doe stated:

Yet, since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) Troll Doe's post ratio to USENET (**) has been 71.6% of its posts contributing "nothing except insults" to USENET.

** Since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) Troll Doe has posted at least 3014 articles to USENET. Of which 176 have been pure insults and 1983 have been Troll Doe "troll format" postings.

The John Dope troll stated the following in message-id <sdhn7c$pkp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And the John Dope troll stated the following in message-id <sg3kr7$qt5$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And yet, the clueless John Dope troll has continued to post incorrectly formatted USENET articles that are devoid of content (latest example on Sun, 10 Jul 2022 23:31:42 -0000 (UTC) in message-id <tafngu$1g414$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me).

NOBODY likes the John Doe troll's contentless spam.

This posting is a public service announcement for any google groups readers who happen by to point out that John Dope does not even follow the rules it uses to troll other posters.

CZjahvK7HImV

Reply to
Edward Hernandez

Disk shelves is correct.

slightly different paint job here:

Jasen Betts

The look like disk shelves, probably with servers built in.

Link - Datadirect (supermicro) mining server 2 x E5-2665 8 core 2.4ghz

32gig 2 X 1TB | eBay -

Agreed.

They look interesting. The also look like they would be louder than I want at home.

Reply to
Grant Taylor

All that spinning rust in a single box is definitely "interesting"! :>

They aren't intended for my own use (I already have ~10 shelves in my lab but never run more than one at a time -- too many BTUs!). Rather, they are intended as "appliances" for various groups with which I'm affiliated to sanitize/initialize drives, "in bulk".

E.g., it takes about an hour, per pass, to process a 250GB drive. So, a write followed by verify takes about 2 hours. If it takes ~2 minutes to mount a disk drive in a carrier and install that assembly, then it will take ~2 hours to prepare 60 such drives. At the end of that time, the first drive inserted will be completed and need to be removed. Assume 2 more minutes to unmount it and then you're needed to remove drive #2 -- which has now finished two passes.

[I.e., it would be foolish to prep all of the drives, install ALL of them and then start the appliance; better to let each drive start being processed as it is physically available to do so]
Reply to
Don Y

nice flip phone photos. Maybe you could try again, in focus and with images over 32x24 pixels in size.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Indeed.

I would change the paradigm slightly. If I could, as if the interfaces worked, and the bandwidth could keep up, I'd use something like multiple USB connected SATA (or SAS if such a thing exists) adapter(s) that I'd move from raw drive to raw drive as I went through the pile.

Just my 2¢ worth.

Reply to
Grant Taylor