musing

I wonder if anybody has ever done a jfet distributed amplifier as a super low-noise low-frequency, even audio maybe, amplifier. One could effectively parallel a bunch of very low noise jfets, or jfet opamps, without worrying so much about the piling up of gate capacitance.

One would of course have to synthesize a "cold" termination for the gate line.

John

The problem is the high 1/F noise corner. It is about several kHz for good JFETs whereas it is in tens of Hz for the good BJTs.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant

Vladimir Vassilevsky

Doesn't that idea appear in every other low-noise JFET app note? Or you could just use a huge JFET to begin with, like the IF3602. Or is there something I didn't get ybout your idea?

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest