MT8880 + PIC 16F628 Interfacing Problem

Hello,

I'm having problems interfacing a MT8880(dtmf tranciever) with a PIC

16F628. I'm not 100% sure, but I think my problem stems from the fact that the two chips run at a different clock rate. I have my ~3.5MHz crystal hooked up to the MT8880 as the datasheet calls for, but my PIC has an internal clock that is a bit faster I think? What I tried to do is insert a bunch of NOPs between PIC instructions so the MT8880 has time to see everything, but I have had no success.

Does inserting NOPs sound correct, or am I missing something?? Also, does anyone have some suggestions as to what I should check and how to debug?

Thanks for the help.

Reply to
zerang shah

hello, i am working at this project too i want to contact you and ask some question with you please answer me thanks for your help

Reply to
mahsa

hello, i want to know how you do this project and if you completed your program and it doesnt work?i mean that you program your pic and complete your circuit but it doesnt work?

Reply to
mahsa