MSP430 question

OK, suppose I were to spend $20 on the TI ez430 gadget...

How easy would it be for me to build a programmer for the 14-pin DIP MSP430 chips? Would it be a simple matter to replicate the "target board," larger, with a DIP socket?

Reply to
mc

Yes, I think so. We are trying to do the same. The boards have 4 pins connector.

2 for power and 2 for modified Jtag. I'll buy some if you do the layout.
Reply to
linnix

"mc" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:jOleg.87159$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews5.bellsouth.net...

MSP430

larger,

It's easy, if you have a 4 pin 0,05" plug for the ez430 programmer.

Build yourself your 14pin DIP target board as on page12 here:

MIKE

--
www.oho-elektronik.de
OHO-Elektronik

You want DIP or SMT?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I'm not that deep into the project, but it's an "inquiring minds want to know" kind of thing...

Reply to
mc

Thanks! That looks extremely simple provided I can find the appropriate plug. (I don't have an eZ430 right now so I don't know what it looks like.) How hard is the plug to find?

Reply to
mc

Note that your replacement target board won't work with the older JTAG-only MSP's, only the new ones with the 2-wire i/f. Although DIP is easy, the SOICs aren't much harder - not hard to solder or to find a suitable proto-board for.

If you do a board, leave a spot for a 32KHz xtal so you can calibrate the internal clock for apps that need a fixed clock.

Reply to
Clifford Heath