mp3-encoder device

At this point, i am thinking small CPLD / FPGA kit from Xilinx or Altera, including USB port, 12 or 14 bit A/D and D/A that are fast enough (8 ks/s). Free development software kits a well.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

"joseph2k" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:e9CBh.10977$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr14.news.prodigy.net... | I looked pretty good, many to most of the patents are from 1986 to 1992. In | most of the industrial world a patent runs for 20 years from date of | application, thus these core patants will be dropping like flies for the | next 5 years. In the US it is 17 years from the date of grant which is | usually 3 to 4 years later, same situation.

So, where is the problem if it already just before end? Two years is resonable for a development in a small company.

- Henry

--
www.ehydra.dyndns.info
Reply to

"joseph2k" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OECBh.59128$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net... | > The PC is for reading the voice tracks once it is on. The planned hardware | > is always powered up. It's a small module. | >

| > - Henry | >

| | OK. Power up the PC and collect your voice mail.

Yes, seems at least as the cheapest way.

- Henry

--
www.ehydra.dyndns.info
Reply to

"joseph2k" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:xLCBh.59129$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net... | At this point, i am thinking small CPLD / FPGA kit from Xilinx or Altera, | including USB port, 12 or 14 bit A/D and D/A that are fast enough (8 ks/s). | Free development software kits a well.

No thanks! As long as I cannot see a great benefit going with CPLD/FPGA I would not consider them. (I made several developments with those guys).

- Henry

--
www.ehydra.dyndns.info
Reply to

"joseph2k" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:UzCBh.59127$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net... | Oh. OK. sounds like what you want is the CVSD from a digital telephone | style Subscriber-Line-Interface-Circuit (SLIC). Good telephone quality, | 56 kbits/s and inexpensive. Most of the patents are from the 1960's though | 1980's and all expired.

Once more NO! The telephone standard with sampling rate 8kHz *compresses*

12-13bits into 8-bits (u-law or a-law). That gives 64kbits/sec netto bitrate. Doing CVSD is not worth the effort. Or I missed something?

regards - Henry

--
www.ehydra.dyndns.info
Reply to

I do not see one either. Add in the recent drop in memory prices, it is driven by two things, the market went soft, and many of the older patents are about to die.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

The original actually sampled at 56 ks/s and used noise shaping with a vengeance. Try reading the old basic papers from the 60's and earlier. I like how clear my phone sounds, one of us is missing something.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

"joseph2k" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:97RBh.63745$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net... | I do not see one either. Add in the recent drop in memory prices, it is | driven by two things, the market went soft, and many of the older patents | are about to die. Yes.

- Henry

--
www.ehydra.dyndns.info
Reply to

"joseph2k" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ReRBh.63746$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net... | The original actually sampled at 56 ks/s and used noise shaping with a | vengeance. Try reading the old basic papers from the 60's and earlier. I | like how clear my phone sounds, one of us is missing something.

What is the netto bitrate after all? Where can I find the full spec?

- Henry

--
www.ehydra.dyndns.info
Reply to