Mounting Straps?

Do standard mounting straps exist for mounting this...

I want to mount it under a cabinet. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | "Those [of us] who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night" -Edgar Allan Poe

Den tirsdag den 21. november 2017 kl. 22.02.53 UTC+1 skrev Jim Thompson:

zip tie holders and zip ties

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Crude. This is in SWMBO's kitchen ;-) ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Double sided foam mounting tape would be invisible.

You can get it anywhere.

Regards

Reply to
tom

Assuming it has to look good I always bend that from aluminum. All you need is a vise and some wood pieces to avoid marring (which SWMBO would not appreciate). Round the corners, polish it with 600 grit sandpaper and if you want to be extra good add a spritz of clear coat. Rounded corners are important to avoid blood if someone cleans underneath without looking. Also, do not use very thin aluminum because that can get under a fingernail.

A very posh solution would be a solid aluminum block like I mounted on the seat tube of my mountain bike (to the right of the shock absorber, but with the center squared). That would look almost mil-spec:

What I usually do with unattended "made in wherever" power bricks is to tie a chunk of porcelain tile between the power supply and the wood, cut or broken and filed to correct size. That can some day save the house if the engineers cut a corner, the thing goes *PHUT* and burns up.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

My usual practice is to kick it around the floor. Better, position it with double-stick foam tape, then secure it with a ziptie or two. The ziptie binds it to a table leg, the foam tape keeps it from slipping out of its belt. If 'secure' isn't required, a mesh bag (like fruit comes in) can hold the object, and gets stapled to any suitable wood (or hang it from a hook).

Either way, the main issue is to keep it from being dragged around by the cord(s). Simply strapping the cord with zipties or velcro straps might be sufficient for a light brick.

Check out for more ideas.

How many of your kitchen drawers are a few inches shorter or narrower than the cabinet they're in?

Reply to
whit3rd

As Joerg said and bend some aluminium strips to make a bracket.

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

search for "laptop power supply mounting bracket"

Theres one from myaquariumshops that has velcro straps that would make it adjustable.

Martin Riddle

Tie wraps.

Reply to
krw

Stick them to the top-inside of the cabinet. I have them strapped to the bottom of my computer desks. Can't see 'em.

Reply to
krw

Thanks, Martin! ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Velcro?

Reply to
gray_wolf

Adhesive backed Velcro like this:

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Perhaps something like an adhesive base for a strap? Mouser 561-N3590.

Reply to
Robert Baer