MOSFET I vs. T curve

As junction temp increases, r goes up and I goes down, right?

This must be a misprint:

(This is IRFM150/2N7224)

(see fig. 1 & 2 on p. 4). I think these 2 graphs are transposed. The higher condition should result in less current, yes?

Just testing my grasp of the knowledge...

Thanks,

--
John English
Reply to

DNS error:

Robert Baer

Page 4 of a GIF??????

Reply to
Robert Baer

NOT FOUND in DigiKey; either 2N7224 or IRFM150.

Fantasy?

Reply to
Robert Baer

In the graphs you're looking at, you can hold Vds constant (say one volt) and compare Id at the two temperatures. It is clear that r decreases with increases in temperature. More carriers or something. Isn't that a characteristic of all junctions?

You will find a similar result for the IRF510, for example.

Chuck

chuck