MOSFET H Bridge

I have built the H bridge circuit at

but cannot get it to work. There is never any voltage across the bridge.

I built the top left portion of the circuit on breadboard, and found that this was incapable of switching the motor on. With no load, when switched on the drain of the MOSFET was at full supply voltage, but when the motor is attached, it drops away completely as though the MOFET has switched it's self off.

I am using IRF9530 AND IRF530 instead of IRF9Z30 and IRFZ40. Might this be the source of the problems?

Reply to
tomcorker

As long as you're using N channels where N channels should be, P channels where P channels should be, you've got your sources and drains in the right places, and you're within the current ratings of the FETs, it should work.

Check your wiring.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

Don't try to PWM this one. The shoot-through losses are going to be horrific.

John

10K, around 1000pf and no T-on/T-off handling? Hoo boy, I can already here a loud bang.
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

at

Ok, I've done some more testing and found a couple of problems. Most were just wiring, and I've fixed them. But now the whole thing just shorts out. I've found the problem is the lower N channel MOSFETS. They are always conducting. When C or D is high, There is 12V between the drain and +ve rail. But when C or D is low, there is still 12V. I.e. the MOSFET for some reason is not turning off. I'm having the same problem with PCB and breadboard versions. Any ideas as to what could be wrong?

BTW I'm not planning to use it form PWM; just forward and reverse.

Reply to
tomcorker