More Vista Woes

Go get your meds sorted Roy. You are really talking shit & obviously need to get out more. The old '232 is still widely used, maybe not in your neck of the woods, but certainly in others.

Reply to
Den

You obviously cannot read. I said it was still in use, idiot.

Reply to
RoyLFuchs

Maybe I am Roy & if so I apologise, but you seem to have said:

"If you still think you need an RS-232 port, you are living in the stone age. Short of setting up a JTAG programming tool, or other such peripheral control device, there is no need for such archaic devices on one's system."

BTW, that nine inch tool of yours that you speak of elsewhere in this thread, does it have "made in china" embossed on it anywhere? :~)

Reply to
Den

Hmmm... yep... you seem to have found where I said that it is still in use.

Reply to
RoyLFuchs

No... idiot. Hatori Hanzo

Reply to
RoyLFuchs

Please explain how one uses an unshielded twisted pair when RS232C requires a minimum of 3 wires.

In the case where the ground is carried by a shield, please explain what you believe to be the advantage of twisting TxD and RxD. Are you under the impression that RS232C is balanced?

From [

]:

"In balanced pair operation, the two wires typically carry equal and opposite signals (differential mode) which are combined by addition at the destination. The common-mode noise from the two wires (mostly) cancel each other in this addition because the two wires have similar amounts of EMI that are 180 degrees out of phase. This results in the same effect as subtraction. Differential mode also reduces electromagnetic radiation from the cable, along with the attenuation that it causes."

Insults and other personal attacks will be taken as evidence that you know that you are wrong and thus cannot make your case on the basis of logic and evidence.

--
Guy Macon
Reply to

Don't ask me, idiot. Ask the MooseFET dope that said it.

Learn how to read, and quote properly.

Reply to
RoyLFuchs

Better yet, save time and go to step two.

Reply to
JW

As I said in the post you replied to, insults and other personal attacks will be taken as evidence that you know that you are wrong and thus cannot make your case on the basis of logic and evidence.

As someone else pointed out recently, if you find that you are in conflict with just about everyone you deal with, perhaps you should think about what the common factor in all those interactions is.

--
Guy Macon
Reply to

I've had both of these idiots filtered for some time now.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Two TPs - same 'U'. ;-)

Bad idea.

That's why Dimbulb is also known as "AlwaysWrong".

--
Keith
Reply to

I could give a fat flying f*ck what you think, but I do not.

It does not change the fact I am correct, regardless of what was said. You can "take it" any way you want to, but the way you "take it" doesn't alter its efficacy, you stupid f*ck.

Reply to
RoyLFuchs

You're an idiot.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

See? Wrong again, Dimmie.

--
Keith
Reply to

You're an idiot.

Reply to
RoyLFuchs

Speaking of which, I just received my new Toshiba Pro Tecra today which has a real RS-232 port on the left along with a comnination eSATA USB port which I thought was a nice addition. All I need to do now is down grade it to XP pro SP3 which came with it :)

"

Reply to
Jamie

And you STILL made MS money on the OS that you said you would never use or buy. You DID buy it, idiot.

In other words, both you and the meds boy retard are stupid.

Reply to
RoyLFuchs

Abuse report sent to snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (Morphing to escape killfilling is against the Cox Terms of Service). I encourage others to also send in abuse reports. Enough complaints and Cox will nuke his account.

--

: : _______ : / _____ \\ : | / \\ | : | \\_____/ | : | | : | _____ | : | ----- | : | ------- | : | | : | | : | | : | | : | _____ | : | ------- | : ______| ---- |______ : / | ------ | \\ : | | --- | | : | | | |_____ : | | | | \\ : | | | | | : | | | | | : | | | | | : ________ | / \\ | | : / \\ | \\ | : / \\ | \\ : \\__ \\ | | : \\ \\| | : \\ | | : \\ \\ | : \\ \\ | : \\ | : \\ | : \\ | : \\ / : \\___ / :

Reply to
nobody

You're AlwaysWrong but everyone knows that.

--
Keith
Reply to

"RoyLFuchs" says:

against the Cox Terms of Service).

will nuke his account.

Maybe that would work. I have all this data on "the thing", so I'll send it in and see if Cox does anything.

...Jim Thompson