MJ decomposed: teh Fourier!

SteamORGANpunk? Bass drum strikes are ALL KEYS AT ONCE. But not the high ones. Pinknoise transient with natural ASDR.

cool.

(((((((((((((((( ( ( ( ( (O) ) ) ) ) )))))))))))))))) William J. Beaty

beaty, chem washington edu Research Engineer billb, amasci com UW Chem Dept, Bagley Hall RM74 x3-6195 Box 351700, Seattle, WA 98195-1700

Reply to
Bill Beaty

On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 17:21:20 -0800 (PST), Bill Beaty Gave us:

Sieg High-L!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

You started at 3min in ,

Neat, Is there a video on how the sheets are punched? Ah found some modern puch machines, but no older models. Must have taken some time to put that together.

Martin Riddle

Nice. After 4 mins of turning the crank, I think he looked rather tired. Some things are best motorized.

I think you'll find that he buys them and that how they're made is somewhat of a trade secret: At 35 to 90 Euros per tune, that can get expensive.

"The musical roots of information technology" During the 1970's, the factory next door to my father's factory was doing embroidery on jackets, hats, and patches using some Swiss made machines that used punched cards similar that street organ in the YouTube video. Cumputer control was about 15-20 years away.

I also spent some time repairing a Welte-Mignon Vorsetzer ("to sit in front of") player. The owner had a fair collection of late 19th and early 20th century recordings by famous pianists. The rolls included the piano dynamics, using triangular slots and pneumatics. It sounded very much like the real pianist playing: A little on the Vorsetzer: "The recording method was a closely guarded secret and probably will remain so." The description with the pool of mercury gives a rather rough idea of how it was done.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

I saw the triangle shapes coming up and was happy to hear the notes go up and down.

Reply to
djlocher56