minature toggle switches

I am going to be using some SPDT, center off, minature toggle switches. Does anyone know a particular brand and model of switches that have smooth acting levers? This kind of info doesn't show up in data sheets and takes hands on testing.

Thanks,

Reply to
gstringe

--- If you choose to reply, please bottom post.

Since "smooth acting" to you might mean something totally different from what I thought "smooth acting" might mean, your best avenue of approach would probably be to get samples from the different manufacturers and decide for yourself what you liked best.

-- John Fields Professional Circuit Designer

Reply to
John Fields

gstringe scrobe on the papyrus:

To my mind a "smooth acting" toggle switch is a contradiction of terms. By its very nature a toggle switch is going to be a bit clunky. Mind you there are degrees of clunkiness I suppose.

You could always go for one of these:

It has a centre off position and is very smooth in operation. >:-}

--
John B
Reply to

Thanks John,

Testing a myirad of samples is exactly what I am trying to avoid. There are probably a hundred manufacturers so I am hoping to gather input via experience of a number of users of switches. See my description of "smooth operating" in next post.

Reply to
gstringe

Thanks John, The link didn"t work. How about a manufacturer and model.

My description of smooth operating would be that if the switch is in the center off position, then the movement to either side would not have a hard latch to overcome. Sort of like driving over a curb that is sloped as opposed to a vertical rise. Make sense?

Thanks george stringe

Reply to
gstringe

I did make the link work by copying and pasting is two steps...funny, but not practical ;-)

Reply to
gstringe

It didn't work, because it is broken across two lines. You have to piece it back together for it to work properly. Posting a link inside generally allows it to be posted unbroken:

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida