MicroSym Pspice Old Student Version

Hi,

I'm still using the Pspice student version at home that I got for free from MicroSym back in about 1995 or so...

I've noticed that it will no longer pick up the symbols and will not run. This started about a year or two ago......

As an experiment, I reset the date in my computer to 1997 and then loaded it. It ran fine...

So has anybody else noticed that the free student program has a built-in timeout, based on the internal computer date ?

Just wondering,

Andy

Reply to
Andy

I seem to recall that even the full versions of MicroSim did that, at least under DOS.

I have a vague recollection of my oldest son, Aaron, writing a utility that changed the system date when PSpice was started and reset the date when it was closed.

The cute part was that, upon closing, the utility tracked down all the output files and corrected their dates as well.

This was back in the days when I drew schematics by hand, numbered nodes and then ran the netlist.

Aaron's utility also numbered the .CIR and .DAT files so that I had version control ;-)

...Jim Thompson