Metal fabricators

As others have noted here, there are a number if chinese PCB houses that re ally get the job done but what I like about the one I use (PCBWAY) is the w ay the site is designed -- very efficient, no nonsense and an easy process to order even for first time users.

I'd really like to find that same online feel with a fabricator for small a luminum parts (that can be shipped obviously). Just upload your drawing and get a quote. Every single US place except maybe big blue saw and emachine shop doesn't even have an online presence -- it's like email us and "let's talk about it" etc.

Can any of you recommend that PCBWAY style of place for some metal parts fr om China? No luck searching and there isn't really online directory. Tried Alibaba and there are many but they have the same approach "contact the fac tory". I want a place for easy online ordering for small quantities. Hopefu lly places that cut and bend as well. -- thanks

Reply to
mkr5000

really get the job done but what I like about the one I use (PCBWAY) is the way the site is designed -- very efficient, no nonsense and an easy proces s to order even for first time users.

aluminum parts (that can be shipped obviously). Just upload your drawing a nd get a quote. Every single US place except maybe big blue saw and emachin e shop doesn't even have an online presence -- it's like email us and "let' s talk about it" etc.

from China? No luck searching and there isn't really online directory. Trie d Alibaba and there are many but they have the same approach "contact the f actory". I want a place for easy online ordering for small quantities. Hope fully places that cut and bend as well. -- thanks

Have you looked at 3DSytem's Quick Parts?

DemonicTubes

What is the part? You have to go to the right guys for fabracated parts, I've seen real nightmare finished pieces.

Sheet metal shop - Sheet metal CNC shop - Machined parts.

Your' better off with a local shop, this way you can develop a relationship.

We wanted a CNC shop to finish a Pactec case, He wanted to machine a block of aluminum for us. It was not as pretty.

Martin Riddle

really get the job done but what I like about the one I use (PCBWAY) is the way the site is designed -- very efficient, no nonsense and an easy proces s to order even for first time users.

aluminum parts (that can be shipped obviously). Just upload your drawing a nd get a quote. Every single US place except maybe big blue saw and emachin e shop doesn't even have an online presence -- it's like email us and "let' s talk about it" etc.

from China? No luck searching and there isn't really online directory. Trie d Alibaba and there are many but they have the same approach "contact the f actory". I want a place for easy online ordering for small quantities. Hope fully places that cut and bend as well. -- thanks

Protolabs is another one to try.

DemonicTubes

really get the job done but what I like about the one I use (PCBWAY) is the way the site is designed -- very efficient, no nonsense and an easy proces s to order even for first time users.

aluminum parts (that can be shipped obviously). Just upload your drawing a nd get a quote. Every single US place except maybe big blue saw and emachin e shop doesn't even have an online presence -- it's like email us and "let' s talk about it" etc.

from China? No luck searching and there isn't really online directory. Trie d Alibaba and there are many but they have the same approach "contact the f actory". I want a place for easy online ordering for small quantities. Hope fully places that cut and bend as well. -- thanks

the 3d systems and protolabs are more of what I need. the local places are sort of a pain -- phone calls and not really interested in prototypes etc.

-- at least here.

Reply to
mkr5000