In Fairness to Mentor Graphics

Since I posted a horror story about MGC last night, fairness dictates that I should post the outcome.

I spoke to my MGC rep and "forcibly expressed" my opinion of their treatment of a loyal (if small) customer. After about an hour, they saw things my way and the "transfer" was done at no charge.

So all's well that ends well - and I still like PADS

Gary Pace

Good. You should have posted this in the original thread, so future searches will show it up.

CBFalconer

I'm sorry to hear you like PADS. What a dog-slow piece of crap.

Reply to
alexeisenhut

I just tried a design-rules check of a medium-complexity 6-layer board: 800 parts, 900 nets, 1400 vias. It took 4 seconds. The connectivity check took about 1.5 seconds.

John

...and I'm sure they will thank you for publicising that :o) A precedence has been set.

-- Regards, Richard.

13 official architecture ports, 1000 downloads per week.

    Certified by TÜV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems.

Reply to
FreeRTOS.org

You had to argue with them for an _hour_ before they would do the right thing and treat you fairly? Your definition of "all's well" needs adjustment, and you need to find a different vendor.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! if it GLISTENS,
                                  at               gobble it!!

I spoke to them for about five minutes, they called back in about an hour

Reply to
Gary Pace

Not sure what you mean by slow - auto-routing ? The layout package does load, move, redraw, DRC, CAM, ECO etc pretty much instantly.

Reply to
Gary Pace

Ah, that's not so bad, then.

Reply to