Memory card choice

A few years ago I designed a MIDI recorder using a Smartmedia card controlled by PIC16F74 which also handled MIDI in and out.

I need to revive the project but with smartmedia obsolete I need to find an alternative flash card, the question is which.

Has anyone used flash cards for anything application like this ?

If so I'd appreciate some input on which card to use.

Many thanks,

Richard

Reply to
Richard Swaby

On a sunny day (Fri, 04 Apr 2008 10:05:38 +0100) it happened Richard Swaby wrote in :

I have used SD cards, for webserver, but with the cards getting bigger and bigger there are compatibility problems.

It is fast enough for mp3 playback in real tiome, no idea about MIDI.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje