Measure distance behind walls

Is it possible to measure distance, even behind walls to a few cm accuracey over 50m ?

Regards Giorgis

Reply to
Giorgis

If you want to go through walls, how did you intend to define the endpoint for your distance measurement? Are you thinking between, e.g., a transmitter and receiver that might be on opposite sides of a wall?

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

Yes lets say I would like to mwasure the distance between the corners of my house with no line of sight. Only with two devices at either end.

Is it possible

Thanks George

Reply to
Giorgis

for

Possibly, with DGPS. It depends on how clear a view of the sky you have.

Experience is the worst teacher.  It always gives the test
first and the instruction afterward.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Theoretically radar at the right frequencies could do what you want. You might want to look at Ground Penetrating Radar, which does something similar and is in use in the 'real world'. If you want to do it without a big (military, corporate, research...) budget I think you're out of luck.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Auton

A dgps unit with distance travelled between waypoints.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Bre Giorgi 3erola pws sou 3efuge auto :-))))) ???

Reply to
GM

Giati re su, eee eimaste kai an8ropoi kai meis :-)

Giorgis

PS: Pou na deis ton 3adelfo mou ton Mporola

Reply to
Giorgis

Pantws gia to 8ema des gia RF lush me kateu8untikh keraia. Pisteuw pws metrontas to attenuation tou shmatos (pou 8a exei se megalo ba8mo logw tou teixou) mporeis na bgaleis kapoia sumperasmata. Se kapoio ma8hma gia mobile comms eixame kanei kapoia montela gia attenuation se shmata khniths thl/nias sumfwna me to path poy eperne to shma (mesa apo ton aera, anaklaseis, mesa apo teixous) kai uphrxan kai parametroi gia px teixous me paxos W. Bebaia auta ta montela htan empeirhka kai eixan efarmogh se susthmata kinhths thl/nias opote mallon 8a prepei na peiramatisteis kai na bgaleis kapoio diko sou montelo metrhsewn. Distuxws den eimai eidikos se RF opote den 3erw na sou pw kati sugkekrimeno

Giwrgos :-)

PS: Xairetismous ston Mporola xexe :-P

Reply to
GM

Yes, for very large amounts of money.

Why not just pick a third point, visible from both A and B, call it C, and just trig it out?

C / \\ / \\ / \\ / \\ / _____ \\ / [ ] \\ A [HOUSE] B [_____]

Measure the distances AC and AB, and the angle ACB, and it should be just arithmetic from there.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Endiaferon ... se RF exw gnwseis xombi. Exw omws kapies par3enes idees.

8a doume. Euxaristw, nasai kala

Xeretismata apo Sydney Australias Giorgis

Reply to
Giorgis

Xereismous apo A8hna ;-) Giwrgos

Reply to