MC33030 and NJM2611 Servo Controller Input signals

I have been learning about servo motor controllers and have a question on the input signals required for each of these IC's.

I just want to make sure I understand things correctly before I choose which controller to go with. Please correct me if I am wrong.

It looks as if the MC33030 requires a constant voltage at the input which determines the position of the servo. This voltage would need to be generated by a PWM to voltage converter if driving the circuit with a standard RC pulse signal. Datasheet can be found here:

On the other hand, the NJM2611 looks as if the input signal is just the standard RC PWM signal. This chip must have an internal PWM to voltage converter (linear one shot block?). Datasheet can be found here:

The MC33030 looks to have much better features as far as braking, overcurrent, and overshoot, but requiring some additional external circuitry for a PWM signal to drive it.

Am I understanding these two IC's correctly?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply to
Terry

My best sugestion is to get one or two of each and tinker with them. Then report back, some of us are interested.

--
 JosephKK
 Click to see the full signature

That's what I'm going to do. I am designing my RC controller for a project I am working on. I am mostly interested because it seems that the MC33030 uses a reference voltage that will be very easy to generate with the ADCs that our on the micro I am using. I woudn't have to use any PWM signals.

I will purchase a couple of both and post my results. It might be a little while though.

Reply to
Terry