Mains Phase control with MOSFET’s

See...

PerfectDiodeForChargerIsolation.pdf

on the S.E.D/Schematics page of my website.

...Jim Thompson

I'm trying to figure out how to use 2 N-Channel power MOSFET?s for phase control without a bridge rectifier. (reducing diode power losses) A possibility is to use a a power diode in series with a N-channel MOSFET in parallel with a reverse diode with reverse N-channel mosfet. Does anyone here have an idea about a circuit for driving the second mosfet?

thx

--
Gemaakt met Opera\'s revolutionaire e-mailprogramma:
http://www.opera.com/mail/

Connect the FET's sources together. One drain to the supply voltage. The other drain to the load. Drive the gates in parallel with respect to the sources.

Cheers, John

Reply to
John - KD5YI

Yeah, like that. Except I thought it might be good to drive the gates with respect to the source(s) rather than with respect to common.

But, yeah.

Thanks, Jim.

John

Reply to
John - KD5YI

How do i drive the gates if i connect the 2 sources togheter ? I would like to drive the gates with a microcontroller. How do you create a floating voltage?

Reply to
Malic.Zilyas

How do i drive the gates if i connect the 2 sources togheter ? I would like to drive the gates with a microcontroller. How do you create a floating voltage?

thx

Malic

Reply to
Malic.Zilyas