Mains LED

only

'A few uF is not deadly..' it is *exactly* that sort of rubbish that leads to tragic circumstances by people playing around with dangerous things about which they have scant knowledge and which they are led to believe are safe since there is no mention otherwise.

Reply to
R.Lewis

things

are

Why do your say that kind of nonsens? Do your try scaring people away from working with electronic?

What about the kitchen, do people also have to stay away from that, with all the dangerous knifes and equipment? or the garden or the road?

Lot of stuff is dangeours, but not a few uF to a healty person.

Reply to
HKJ

all

Just because you keep repeating that a few uF is not dangerous doesn't make it so. Why don' you bother to find out about something before ranting on with such rubbish?

Reply to
R.Lewis

In the USA, the annual body count from 110-120 volts AC is a close second to that from 440-480 volts AC. The body count from the lower voltage results in large part from people being more careless due to a high survival rate. On US Navy ships, the story gets even worse - 110 volts AC gets the highest body count despite most AC power there for things other than lighting being 440 volts AC!

Another thing: Not dying from an electric shock has to be about as unreliable as electrocution is! NOTE - electric chairs apply a range of current outside that which is most likely to cause electrocution by the usual electrocution mode (ventricular fibrillation). Instead, electric chairs deliver enough current to either cook vital organs within a few minutes or at least paralyze breathing uscles in order to suffocate the condemned! (At least the condemned is knocked unconscious in just a few milliseconds!)

Don Klipstein

make

such

Your starting saying it was deadly, why dont your some information about how many people has die'ed from touching a few uF.

As far is I know, even people touching the mains often survives, as long as they can get away (If not we would soon run out of electricans).

Reply to
HKJ

as

When touching the mains, there are some important factors: Do the current run through your hearth, what resistance do your have and can your get away. I belive that as long as your are indoor on a dry floor and only touches with one hand, your got a very good survival chance. In my country (with 230 volt mains) we have very few deads and many of the electricans, I have talk with, has tried to touch the mains. That is not to say that nobody dies from it, some does, but I have newer heard about somebody been killed by a few uF.

Being carelss around electricy is never a good idea.

What potential has the deck compared to the mains?

Reply to
HKJ

--
Ignorant _and_ stupid!  I see a Darwin award in your future.
Reply to

Have been there and jumped (It was a few hundrede uF at 200 volts).

Reply to
HKJ

As long as I can mak living designing electronic stuff I do not care what your belive.

I think that I am a bit to old at electicty for that. That may be a receipt for being careless, but when your have been bitten a couple of times your learn to be carefull.

Reply to
HKJ