Lumped parameter model of pn-junction diode

Could some electronics guru please point me to a lumped parameter model of a pn-junction diode ? Does such a model exist ? Any hints, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Daku

Everything is a nonlinear function of voltage and/or current. A "lumped" model can exist at only a single bias condition. Thus what value could it be? ...Jim Thompson

Either that or the "lumped" model is Id = Iss * (exp(V/Vt) - 1).

(I think I got that right).

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott

I think that's right Tim, Most diodes have a 'non-ideality factor' of about 2, so there's a factor of ~2 somewhere in the exponential. (I can't recall if numerator or denominator.) You could then add some series resistance. And then the voltage dependent junction capacitance.

George H.

ttdesign.com

Reply to
George Herold