LTspice question

Either simple or impossible, I think...

I have a circuit with several identical sections. I use parameters for the component values, eg {Rg} etc and use .param Rg = 12k etc. This works fine, of course.

But what I'd really like is for one of the sections to have the real component values and for the other sections to copy them. So, for example R106 is set to 12k but R206 and R306 etc are {Rg} and then use some statement like .param Rg = value(R106) (which doesn't work).

Can I do this?

Syd
Reply to
Syd Rumpo

I don't think you can do that. ALL of your "subcircuit" sections need to have the value {Rg} and then have a parameter declaration external to all the sections .PARAM Rg=12K ...Jim Thompson

OK thanks. No biggie, but it would have been handy for a client demonstration to be able to change an annotated resistor value and have all its ilk change too. What I'll do is to place individual .param declarations adjacent to each 'master' component on the schematic.

Syd
Reply to
Syd Rumpo

Thinking outside the box... can LTspice do "blocks", that is a hierarchical sub-schematic? If so, descend into one block, change the value... all "blocks" that call that schematic will be changed (standard in PSpice). ...Jim Thompson

Looks like you can do that, thanks.

Syd
Reply to
Syd Rumpo