Impossible Circuit - Any Ideas?

I saw this the other day and I was mystified. The circuit has a green and red light bulb, and a green and red switch. Initially, the red switch turns the red bulb on and the green switch turns the green switch on. When both switches are on, both bulbs are on

Here's the catch: When you switch the Red and the Green Light bulb, the red switch still controls the red light bulb and the green switch still controls the green light bulb.

Can anyone explain or diagram this?

Reply to
aaronej
** Groper alert !!

** The supply is AC and the bulbs have diodes fitted inside them, wired in series with the filament.

The switches also have diodes in series with them.

So, the lamp sockets are simply wired in parallel and it make no difference which is used.

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

sure, they had diodes on the switchs and bulbs.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

There is also an alternative series circuit:

+-----+-(X)-+------+-(X)-+---+ | | | | | | | +-|>|-+ +-||-+ +-|
Reply to
Iwo Mergler

It's a "magic trick" ... sounds like ... US Patent No 5790013 ?

See

Mike Brown: mjb[at]pootle.demon.co.uk | http://www.pootle.demon.co.uk/
Pluto needs full planet status!  http://www.cafepress.com/LeavePlutoIn
Reply to
Mike

Mike, how on earth did you find that patent?

There's no way I could have searched the patent database and come up with that number.

You should patent your search method:)

Regards,

Mike Monett

Antiviral, Antibacterial Silver Solution:

SPICE Analysis of Crystal Oscillators:
Noise-Rejecting Wideband Sampler:

Mike Monett

This is so silly.

A patent !!! for this !!???

No wonder many say that the US Patnet office is in dire need of house cleaning.

Reply to
Donald