LSM9DS0

The LSM9DS0 from ST would be great chip for motion control, however I couldn't make it work according to the datasheet.

Do you know if on-chip temperature sensor is operable? In my setup, it reads all zeroes regardless of settings.

What is the function of DEN_G input?

Vladimir Vassilevsky DSP and Mixed Signal Designs

Vladimir Vassilevsky

Well, we won't be replacing an LN200 with it anytime soon. ;-)

You read this part?

Temperature data can be enabled by setting the TEMP_EN bit in the CTRL_REG5_XM (24h) register to 1.

And this part?

Both OUT_TEMP_H_XM and OUT_TEMP_L_XM registers must be read.

Sounds like there's a couple of necessary conditions for it to work.

Also

TEMP_EN Temperature sensor enable. Default value: 0 (0: temperature sensor disabled; 1: temperature sensor enabled)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

There's only 67 registers and most of it is pretty mundane stuff. Skimpy little datasheet is 80% bits and pieces "ported" from earlier products. ST made it simple enough for a caveman, well almost.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred