Lowest noise amps

We all find ourselves needing a bit of a refresher now and then, it is quite easy to look at a problem backward or upside down without realizing it. An inverse relationship is not linear. Capacitance is proportional to 1/x or x^(-1), where x is the distance between parallel plates. You should be able to verify that, as well as the solution of d/dx{x^(-1)], in your dusty old college textbooks. In the meantime we will award you 2 points towards a peppermint sneaker award :-).

Reply to
Glen Walpert

I read in sci.electronics.design that Glen Walpert wrote (in ) about 'Lowest noise amps', on Wed, 24 Aug 2005:

Oh, right.

I came back because some people enquired after me, even to phoning me. Maybe those people are more intelligent than others.

John Woodgate

It is true that capacitance is inversely proportional to separation,

1/X (all other items constant). Obviously not linear, as you mentioned. The change of capacitance is proportional to the change of separation dX. And i merely quoted the simple differential equation, which happened to be the same found in college textbooks and the Chem Rubber Handbook. ** Do i get to sneak up on Peppermint Patty?
Reply to
Robert Baer

It never occurred to me that you of all people would fail to appreciate my sarcastic response to your sarcastic response. If I really thought you should leave SED I would not bother to respond to any of your posts. But I guess humor is wasted on you so I will skip such attempts in the future.

Reply to
Glen Walpert

I suppose you could, but the Peppermint Sneaker Award is designed to sweeten the lives of those who spend time with foot in mouth. The flavor is largely gone from mine, however, and at only 2 points you have a long way to go to qualify for one :-).

Reply to
Glen Walpert

I read in sci.electronics.design that Glen Walpert wrote (in ) about 'Lowest noise amps', on Thu, 25 Aug 2005:

I'm afraid you misunderstood my response. I will admit to not being sure of it being sarcastic, but I didn't mean to imply anything about you personally. I meant that the people who enquired after my welfare were/are more intelligent that those who level nebulous attacks and refuse to explain.

John Woodgate