Low-RF Coaxial Reed Relay Handles 3 GHz, Cuts Insertion Losses

Low-RF Coaxial Reed Relay Handles 3 GHz, Cuts Insertion Losses

Jan Panteltje

That's an unabashed advert, of course, but I agree that Pickering makes nice reed relays. I've used them and I'm happy.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

Reeds are expensive unreliable power hogs.

A cheap DPDT FTR-B3GA4.5Z-B10 is good at 3 GHz. There's a latching version too.

Just don't water wash.

On a sunny day (Fri, 07 Oct 2022 08:27:43 -0700) it happened John Larkin snipped-for-privacy@highlandSNIPMEtechnology.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yea, I have some of these:

18 GHz 300 W
$38 Did not pay that, mine came from the used supercooler for cellphone tower filter I bought. Did not need the relays for cooling... Have several read relays too,,

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Those types are fabulous in test sets and such, but not on PC boards.

I recently used a bunch of ADRF5024 IC RF switches. 44 GHz. Expensive. Work great.

It switches between signals mid-waveform, in around 6 ns.

I wonder what that Pickering thing costs.

On a sunny day (Fri, 07 Oct 2022 09:31:15 -0700) it happened John Larkin snipped-for-privacy@highlandSNIPMEtechnology.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Nice chip! will remember that,

it says 8 Euro 95 ex tax, say about 8$50 these days?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje