Low coefficient NTC resistors? (2023 Update)

Interesting part, thanks. The accuracy is pretty good.

These Pt guys are a bit more expensive but nice:

You can do the one resistor linearization trick with them too.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

1206 and 0805 thinfilm platinum RTDs are nice and have the virtue of being multi-sourced.

There's a cute one-opamp conditioning and linearizing circuit for platinum RTDs, assuming you don't want to do it in software.

Reply to
jlarkin

The John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sdhn7c$pkp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And the John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sg3kr7$qt5$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And yet, the clueless John Doe troll has itself posted yet another incorrectly formatted USENET posting on Tue, 14 Dec 2021 06:40:44 -0000 (UTC) in message-id <sp9e9b$q3d$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me.

This posting is a public service announcement for any google groups readers who happen by to point out that the John Doe troll does not even follow it's own rules that it uses to troll other posters.

mFpwbmxNA8bW

Reply to
Edward Hernandez

John Doe posted his usual drivel (which I've snipped)- he seems to be even more ignorant about low TC resistors than Phil Allison, and even more dedicated to being obnoxious.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

On a sunny day (Fri, 10 Dec 2021 22:50:31 +1100) it happened Sylvia Else snipped-for-privacy@email.invalid wrote in snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>:

Used a simple Si diode as temp sensor in some equipment.

-2 mV / degree C or there about, linear at that.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I worked on a design last year where the charging circuit had a thermistor to adjust the batter voltage. I pointed out the resistor was on a board near a motor and other power circuits that would certainly make the PWB hotter than the battery at the other end of the cabinet. The designer didn't care. He would often wax on about the various nits he had picked up over the years and yet could not understand something so simple as a temperature sensing thermistor needed to be thermally coupled to the battery rather than the motor the battery would be driving.

Reply to
Rick C

And yet, the clueless John Doe troll has itself posted yet another incorrectly formatted USENET posting on Wed, 15 Dec 2021 18:12:56 -0000 (UTC) in message-id <spdb78$p47$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me.

This posting is a public service announcement for any google groups readers who happen by to point out that the John Doe troll does not even follow it's own rules that it uses to troll other posters.

1jqv3YkW8CYw
Reply to
Edward Hernandez

In the end, it became apparent that this thermistor is in parallel with an ordinary resistor far away on the board.

Also, that the temperature compensation it provides is much too low. That will be fixed, along with putting the thermistor on the batteries.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

As I've indicated in my reply to Jan, I believe that the circuit in my UPS is not providing anything like the required compensation. Perhaps the designer's remit was to provide some temperature compensation, so he did, without caring whether it was the correct amount.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Sylvia Else wrote: =================

**As if a lying, autistic tenth wit like you would know .
** Maybe he, she, it had brain tumor - big as yours.

...... love, Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison