Life of CRT

=_NextPart_000_0008_01C41A68.5DD86440 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I own a Tek 465. I am the "Nth" owner of this unit. I purchased it from a rebuild/calibration lab. =20

It operates ok but the display becomes erratic when the CRT intensity is = turned up to the extremely bright level (the 3 o'clock position), I = think it is arcing internally causing the tube to "spit". For most of = the work i do, the intensity level is set at a level where the spits do = not occur (about 10 o'clock).

Is this an indication of a tube ready to die?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Audio

up to the extremely bright level (the 3 o'clock position), I think it is arcing internally causing the tube to "spit". For most of the work i do, the intensity level is set at a level where the spits do not occur (about 10 o'clock).

Hi,

Post your question to

There is a bunch of very helpful Tek fanatics that hang out there.

Cheers, Ian Du Rieu The Leon Audio Co

To reply, replace "T" with "u", twice.

Reply to
Ian D