Look at the underpants of our chips

Perhaps you like to have a look inside:

It is interesting that there are so many different designs for the same chip.

Olaf

Reply to
olaf

 Thanks,
    - Win
Reply to
Winfield Hill

All super old ones though... like, just how many die pics of LM339 do you need to see before you realize you're never going to design one in again?..

Zeptobars has done quite a lot:

you can even send them chips to decap and they'll photograph them.

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs, LLC Electrical Engineering Consultation and Design Website:

Tim Williams

Nah, I use LM393s all the time, for things like overtemperature lockouts. Wire-OR saves parts. Of course there are software limits as well, but having a backup in analogue is very comforting.

You can also overvolt their inputs up to about +40V regardless of the supplies, and that's not a capability that grows on trees with newer chips, especially at nine cents for a dual in TSSOP.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Did you mean the LM399? I saw no pics of the lm339 on the above link. (Besides the price, lm399 seems ok to me.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Yeah, 339s and 393s are still useful.

I like to use a MAX809 as a powerup reset chip, but pull down its input with multiple open collectors to check multiple supplies, thermistors, whatever.

(The TI version of course. Never Buy Maxim!)

The cork popped merrily, and Lord Peter rose to his feet.
"Bunter", he said, "I give you a toast. The triumph of Instinct over Reason"
Reply to
jlarkin